Sunday, January 4, 2015

Putting the crumbs together

Nearly all of the crumbs have been sewn, and I am left with a pile of HSTs.  I seem to have enough for a throw quilt.


I first thought of laying them out in a zig zag format, but then tried an off-center barn raising pattern.  I made a few mistakes when laying them out, but nothing is yet sewn.  I just wanted to see what it would look like.



I am going with the barn raising layout.  I quite like how it will look.  I might use a border, but if so it would be small to set all those wonky edges before quilting.  I would love to make the quilt bigger, but I really don't have any neutral crumbs...I would be essentially made to cut bits of yardage down and then sew them back up.  I must resist the temptation and enjoy it as a smaller quilt.  The dark crumb blocks seen in the lower part of the zig-zag quilt can be used in a different project in the future.

Happy quilting!

7 comments:

  1. I really, really, really like your gorgeous crumb blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the off-set barn raising layout. Maybe a skinny border and then a larger border - frame it so the center is the show piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool resting place for so many forgotten crumbs of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great crumb quilt! and you're right: the barn raising is a much better layout...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! That is so incredible. I love both designs, but favor the barn raising layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete